Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Simple

Simple

When you can find joy
in the simple things,
life is so much
more fulfilling

Watching my cat
as she goes through
her bathing ritual,
paws washing her
wise old face

Hearing the puppies
as they scuffle and
play in the yard

The resonant sound
from the wind chimes
in the cool morning breeze

Sun peaking through
the window
as a new day begins,
and all this simple joy,
even before I rise

Find your "simples" in life

Namaste

Lynn West
(c) 2011

2 comments:

Neva said...

Aho and Amen!

Simple treasures.

Thanks for the reminder Lynn and the frequency of experience underneath the words that lets me see each simple pleasure you spoke of in this powerful poem.

I love watching cats and puppies groom and play. They are so in the moment, in the now. I once did a live play at a theatre and, in the middle of the performance, the resident cat at the theatre came across the stage. I might as well have been a lump on a log. All attention, including my own, was on that cat from the moment it entered the stage to the moment it left. Even after, we were all thinking about the cat. Talk about a scene stealer, ha!

Unknown said...

Nice Lynn, very Simple and to the point. :O)