Search This Blog

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Canvas


Canvas

Today is perfect,
a blank canvas
to be colored
with anything that
you choose.

I see the golden hues
of autumn and it reassures
me that change is good,
necessary, in fact.
Without change, growth stops
and growing in mind
and soul are monumental for
my well being.

In the distance, I hear a train,
reminding me that
life is indeed a journey.
You can stand at the station
and watch as it passes you by,
or ride, ride every second,
live fuller, love deeper,
march to your own drum,
be the you who paints
their own canvas.

Lynn West
(c) 2011

Photo Courtesy of my good friend, Michele Robertson

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Me Dearest Linnie,
I finally got to read this wonderful poem. Thank you for all of your love and support these past four years. I am painting my day.
I gotta talk to you later about making my blogspot for my writing. Beautiful site, sugar!
Danny Boy

Unknown said...

Love it Linnie!
Danny Boy