Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Eight Miles and a Million

Eight Miles and a Million
He's only eight miles
away, but it may as
well be a million

He's a busy man’s man
who wants me to believe
that I have a place in
his life

Yet when I see my mirror’s
reflection and am honest
with myself, I see that nothing
could be further from
the truth, for if you can't
make an hour a week
for someone, how can you
ever build a foundation
that will survive a lifetime?

The kind gestures
make me smile and
know that deep inside
this whirlwind who
never stops is a man
worthy of my love,
yet I am finding
communication
becoming almost
nonexistent and the
patience I pride myself
in wearing as thin
as ice as another
day turns into a week,
a month, six weeks..

I don't lose hope
easily and am sometimes
stubborn (and even loyal)
to a fault when I believe
that something great can
emerge, but reality is
knocking at my door
and eventually I must answer

Eight miles might
as well be a million,
if two people
never touch...

Lynn West (C) 2014

No comments: