Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My Conscious

My Conscious

My conscious is calling
me again, shall I listen
to him this time?

Would it be in my best
interest to follow my
conscious when he
beckons?

At times I think
more clearly than
my conscious will
allow and other times,
I let him completely
take hold, all free will
out the window, as he
guides me down a
path of soft green
grass where the
meadow meets the
stream and the mountain’s
shadow is cast by
the summer sun

On those days, in
those moments, when
I allow all awareness
of “what if” to escape
and let my conscious
truly be my guide,
I am at my happiest

Walking beside the
cool running stream,
I dip a toe in to see
how the water feels
and find myself knee
deep, splashing about
like a child whist he sits
on the bank watching me…

My conscious, I do love
it when he comes to call…

Lynn West
© 2014

No comments: