Search This Blog

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Declaration of Independence 


It hurt my heart when I let you go

Even though it was the right thing to do

It didn’t feel like it no, not at all 

I thought I’d always be with you 


But you never followed through 

Not even one single  time 

So now I’m done with you 

Being with you was an uphill climb 


I should’ve known it was too good to be true 

I should’ve seen the signs 

But I’d look into those eyes of blue 

Those were the downfall of my design 


You left my life in devastation

Teetering on the brink 

Always excuses and explanations

I was blind, I didn’t think


But I’m better now, I’m coming back  to me, 

A better person than ever before 

A woman who insist on a heart that is happy

Or I will walk out the door


Lynn West 

(C) 2023

No comments: