Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Closet of Memories

Closet of Memories

Would that we could access our memories as easily as choosing a dress from our closet. Go thru them, one by one, choosing a favorite to try on, wearing it anytime we wanted, like a pair of old, soft shoes.

But life doesn't give us that option and sometimes even the most precious of memories fade like the sun over the mountains.

I look at old photographs at times and rediscover a moment, thankful that it's trapped in time for me.

Someone wrote a song once "The Beauty of Days Gone By" and I can't think of a better way to say that. I honor my past, am thankful for my memories (even the lessons learned) and am looking forward to the future with bright-eyed wonder while I live in the now and relish each moment

Lynn West
(c) 2011

No comments: