Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

For Love's Sake

For Love's Sake

He worked magic
with his fingers,
a site to behold,
whisper soft moments
reaching to my very soul

Carved out memories
one by one,
we used to sit in
contented silence
whilst we watched
the setting sun

His eyes still speak
of his need for me
but my bruised
heart won't surrender
this time so easily

Sure must be our path
and mutual our goal,
otherwise it isn't love,
simply playing a role

And this time I won't
bend or break, but
I will give my all,
for love's sake

Second chances
are rare but real
so let your walls
down and begin
to feel

Lynn West
(c) 2013

1 comment:

Laurice said...

very nice Lynn..thxxx Wish i lived closer, u seem to be a real nice woman...i'd like to meet ya :) In the mean time i will enjoy your posts, poems and smiles :) Law