Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

My Wish

My Wish

I want to wash my hair
in the lake again
and feel your wet lips,
soft against my skin

I want you to rock me
as you hold me tight
and have Cheech
and Chong sleep
on me at night

I want to listen to music
on the dock with you
as you gaze out over
the water, the sky so
calm and blue

I want to feel the wind
on my face once more
as we ride off to "anywhere"
the way we did before

I want to watch the sun rise
with you on the dock
and sit there til the day
is through,
never looking at a clock

I want to watch the stars
with you, shooting across the sky
and never again have to wonder
if you don't care for me, or why

I want to wake up slowly
with your arm on me
while you snuggle a little
closer and say quietly:

Good morning, Bean Blossom

Lynn West
(c) 2013

No comments: